Thursday, March 1, 2007

at long last...

okay, so i clearly suck at updating my blog. now that we've established this...at least i've set the bar low and from here on out, anything i happen to say might seem impressive. at least, that's what i'm aiming for.
so let's see. it's been a rather busy sort of month. it got really cold here in new york and rather than hibernate (which is my impulse whenever the temperature drops below 40 degrees) i've had to continue living the life of the grown up new yorker. this includes a whole lot of walking around and riding the train, which has not made me particularly happy. but with the help of yoga and a terrific carry along hot beverage container, things have been not nearly as bad as they could be. and now the snow is melting, so what's not to love?
of late, i've been involved with a production of 'cymbeline' (one of shakespeare's lesser known but absolutely enchanting plays) with a fledgling company know as the Brooklyn Repertory Shakespeare Company (check us out at www.theateroftheexpendable.com). This is excellent for many reasons, A) I really like the play, the director, the castmates I've worked with thus far, and the fact that the space is in Park Slope, incredibly close to La Villa B) We are the original repertory company and the plan is to do this series of Monday night Shakespeare plays in rep, meaning that after 8 weeks of performances of Cymbeline (only on Monday nights), we put up another show, and another, and so far and so on. Thus, my casting in this one show will most likely lead to a whole slew of Shakespeare involvement with this company should I do my job well/choose to stay with them. C) I can do other projects simultaneously because the performance commitment is limited. So I am very content with this situation at the moment. Additionally, I was cast in an Equity Showcase of a new play that goes up in Midtown for a Thurs-Sun run in April. My part in this play is not as challenging or appealing as my involvement in Cymbeline, but it's great exposure with a limited time commitment. Plus, should this play get picked up for production, I am in the original cast. So that's pretty cool. I don't start working on that til the second week of March...so more info to come on how that process is working out.
Other than these things, I'm just hanging in...rocking my voice and speech class, getting my life organized, improving my yoga skills by leaps and bounds, and living like the way i please. I've subconsciously started living healthier, without really having to pay much mind to it, and this pleases me as well. The yoga makes me feel great and helping me get back into shape and I get mad at myself when I miss class. I manage to stay happy and motivated all the live long day. My weekends are taken up by working at la villa, though I've managed to work in some party time over the past few weeks (though after paying March's bills...my personal finances are suffering). I needs be leaving to attend Voice and Speech at the moment (which is kind of ridiculous seeing has how I have a nasty sinus infection and can barely breathe let alone speak properly). And I know that, despite the fact that I've updated, I've left out any juicy gossip that Amanda actually prefers when she finally sits down to read this. Thus, reader, I guarantee an addendum post later detailing my latest exploits in partying and romance (or marked lack thereof).

Til the next.

1 comment:

annie said...

i get no love. amanda's not the only one who reads it. but i guess i'm pretty up to date on all the juicy stuff. so really, i win. HA.